Sunday, November 15, 2009

A smaller pants size

A month ago I was blessed with some smaller sized clothing from a friend. Today I realized that I am in need of new, smaller sized pants. So, while I was out with the family I tried on some pants.

The last time I tried on pants in Wal-mart, I wore a size 24-26. And I could barely get them buttoned. Actually I was so disgusted because this was the largest size they carried and I couldn't believe they almost didn't fit.

Well tonight I grabbed a couple of size 20 jeans. Took them into the fitting room and tried them on. When I first unfolded the pants my first thought was....these are too small...they don't look like they will come up past my thighs....I was so convinced, I almost didn't even try them on....

But I put both feet in and pulled...and viola....I got them past my thighs and around my hips and buttoned. Whoo-hoo!! But then I thought....these are the stretchy kind and they just fit...but I am losing weight and I'll be out of these in a flash....and I really don't have the money to buy lots of clothing....so, I decided to try on a size 18 with the thought that even if they are a little small, I'll be wearing them soon.

Out I go, giving the size 20 to the lady and proceeding to find some size 18's. Once back in the fitting room I was a bit apprehensive about trying them on because I didn't want to discourage myself if they were way too small.

But instead of being too small they were only a teeny, tiney bit snug. Then I stood in front of the mirror and did a happy shuffle. I would have squeeled with glee out loud but since I didn't want to scare anyone I just squeeled in my heart.

Now, when I can fit into a size 18 that are not stretchy....well that will be newsworthy too....

3 comments:

  1. That is SO newsworthy. Debbie. Oh my gosh. Wow. Oh my gosh. I knew you were shrinking but a size 18 !!!!!!! Even stretchy 18... !!!!!!
    This is fantastic news. Oh my gosh. I am doing mental cartwheels !!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Debbie! Sounds like a squeal would have been absolutely appropriate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably good you didn't squeel. I may have had to come running in to see if you were ok...
    I'm so proud of you and seems like every time I see you, you are just a bit smaller... 8^)
    Now, let's see...How many points should I be eating in a day?

    ReplyDelete