Saturday, November 21, 2009

Feelings are not facts

Today was weigh in day and I really didn't want to go. I still haven't gotten a swimsuit so I haven't been getting the exercise lately that I normally get. I have gotten out and did some walking but in comparison to what I have been doing it just didn't seem like enough.

I woke up on this gray, cloudy, misty day feeling very tired and "fat". The alarm went off and I thought it was part of my dream. When I realized it wasn't I hurried and turned it off and then made myself get out of bed. And as I do every morning I stepped onto the scale. My scale very rarely ever shows the same weight twice in a row so I have a general idea of my weight, but not precise. The weight reflected back to me was not the weight I was feeling. It was showing the same weight as last week but I was feeling so much heavier.

Anyways, I got ready and made my way to my weekly Weight Watcher meeting. Feeling fat, feeling bloated and feeling extremely tired I stepped onto the scale and once again I am shown that I can not base reality on my feelings. Because in reality I did lose -1.0 pound this week. But based on what I am feeling I would have said I gained at least 5 pds.

There is more I'd like to ponder on in regards to feelings vs. facts but honestly, I am too tired to think straight and am off to take a nap. Once I wrap my brain around this then maybe I'll be able to share.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, totally don't go by feeling although... this week I was feeling fatty and it reflected. But, most the time, if your doing things right... don't go by feelings at all.

    ReplyDelete