Thursday, November 5, 2009

A dilemma

Now, in the scope of life and all the issues I could have, what I am about to post is actually pretty minor. But in my trying to lose weight life it is a big problem.

One of the ways I get in my exercise is to go to the Natatorium and participate in their water aerobic classes. And the most important thing you need to wear is what's causing my dilemma.

I need a new swimsuit. I bought a swimsuit three years ago that lasted me till this summer. I am now on my 3rd swimsuit. The chlorine is killing them.

I spoke with my instructor to see how she keeps hers from falling apart and she told me about a website where I could go and order a swimsuit that will hold up in chlorine. Yay!!

So, I went there and I like that they are suits designed for exercise and not flaunting body parts. The cost isn't too bad but right now it might as well be $1000. I am learning more and more to live by faith and this is one of those times.

I don't know how many more times I can go swim before my suit exposes parts of my anatomy that was not meant to be seen in public. It makes me nervous. But working out in the water is better on my joints right now and I really need the exercise.

So....how long till this suit totally gives out? Do I keep up my exercise schedule and risk exposure or do I stop doing the water aerobics until I can get a new suit? I am leaning towards the second option but I am taking my children to the Natatorium for p.e. tomorrow. I really want to enjoy it with them instead of watching on the sidelines. Pray I can get at least one more wear out of this suit.

1 comment:

  1. I say you add a paypal button for anyone who would like to donate towards your 'might as well be 1000' swimsuit. :)

    But I know what you mean... equipment...on or off... makes the world of difference sometimes. I buy good running shoes but they only last me barely a year because of the terrain I run in...I always wonder if I bought really really super expensive ones if they would last longer...maybe stink less?

    I thought you looked really cute in your bathing suit and I didn't see any bare exposures this time. You might just end up to having to keep buying a new swimsuit every few months. When I sell my house for a million dollars I'll give you some money for a new suit. LOL :) But because I'm kinda selfish you might have to remind me.

    ReplyDelete