Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm changing...

So I've been hungry the last couple of days.

Tonight my daughters and I went with a friend and her daughters to try and find the girls a dress to wear to a "Masquerade Ball" that their friend is having to celebrate turning 16.

I had hoped to go bike riding earlier but with all the rain I was not able to go. But I think with all the stores we went to...all the getting in and out of the car...and all the walking, I got some exercise. Maybe not as intense as when I ride my bike or swim...but a lot more activity than had I stayed at home.

We planned on eating dinner at Chick-fil-a, but changed our minds when we saw how crazy busy it was. Instead we went to Arby's. I am getting to where I don't like eating out when I spend almost half my points on one meal....and a "bad" meal at that.... Yes, I left satisfied and that's good considering I could have eaten this meal and still be hungry.

However the next leg of our shopping was even busier than the first part. We did a lot more walking and moving and by the time I got home guess what??? Yep, I was hungry.

I have some good choices I could have chose from but what did I eat.....candy!! Guess my hubby stopped by the store for some battery's and brought home a "treat". Two bags of candy.

And guess who indulged. Yep....me.

Can I reiterate once again how much I love the point system. Because in the past when I would have come home and was hungry and saw a bag of candy....well, let's just say there would have been a lot of empty wrappers at the end of the night. Instead I looked at my points and weighed out how much I would like some candy. I saw that I had some points I could spare and I indulged. And I only feel a tiny bit guilty. Not bad!! In the past if I was trying to lose weight and I ended up eating candy....I would have felt terrible....so bad that I may have just given up on the "dieting".

Oh...and before I forget. I did try on a pair of capri's tonight. 4 sizes SMALLER than I the last time I bought capri's..... whoo-hoo!!! Now that is exciting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Four sizes! Wow, that's great Debbie!! You are doing awesome!!! 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Chris! 4 sizes !!!!!!! Major happy dance! I can totally relate to that feeling soooo hungry.

    Just remember this one thing and that is that it is one thing to feel a real hunger and then eat than another thing to eat when you are not hungry. I believe when you recognize the significance of eating when hungry, perhaps even indulging when actually and seriously hunger with the real need for food in your body and maybe sugar hitting the blood veins than emotional eating when the body really has no need or desire for food. How many times have we sat down to eat because the tv is on or something looks good ...not hungry but we just eat. There lies the big difference in 'dieting' and life changing habits.

    ReplyDelete