Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hungry like the wolf.....

Not actually but I have been hungry today....more than usual. I have noticed in the almost 8 weeks that I have been doing WW that I do have some days where I can't eat enough to meet my points and other days where I have no trouble meeting my points or even dipping into my weekly points.

I don't feel guilty dipping into my weeky points because that's what they are there for...however, I don't include them in my daily eating. I try to eat my daily points and IF I happen to be hungry...really hungry...then I will find something that will satisfy my hunger but not use up a lot of the points.

At the beginning of the week I wasn't very hungry, but today I have been ravenous...

Maybe it's because I've ridden my bicycle? As I wrote in my previous post, I rode 7 miles yesterday. Today after I dropped my daughter off for her volunteer stint at the library, I drove to a park and rode my bike for 40 minutes.

I hadn't been to this park before but I really liked the path. It wound through a lot of trees and there were a few wooden bridges I had to ride over. There was even a spot I made it to that was also a historical spot. I love history so I stopped to read the sign.

And even though it was overcast and there was a lite drizzle I thoroughly enjoyed my ride. When I was finished I called my hubby, excited to share a new place to ride.

It's getting late and the hunger I was feeling earlier has been taken care of with a bowl of Quaker Oat cereal and a little bit of milk. I am so glad to have the weekly points for times like these.

1 comment:

  1. The best part is being able to have a guideline to follow...not having to try and figure it all out. (Regarding WW).

    I do find that I can go run and then it never fails that about an hour or so later I feel very hungry, like I could eat a house or something... its like my metabolism goes into overdrive. I also find when I am hungry like that after strenuous exercise that I am less likely to gain anything from the extra nutrition I have later even though it may be more than I would prefer to eat.

    Your ride sounds really lovely!

    ReplyDelete