Sunday, September 13, 2009

Don't believe everything you hear....

Yesterday at my WW meeting we discussed pointers for eating out. One of the ladies talked about how her friend wanted to go to McDonald's but she didn't cause there really wasn't anything low point to eat. But they got on the internet and saw that a happy meal was 6 pts.

After the meeting I went to my water aerobics class and then to the grocery store to buy last minute items for one of my daughter's birthday party which we had today. Anyways, it was after 1pm when I finished shopping and I was hungry. There just happens to be a McDonald's at the end of the parking lot. So, I figured why not get a happy meal....it's only 6 points.

I went through the drive thru and I have to admit I felt a teeny bit guilty asking for a happy meal for myself. I felt even more guilty when they asked if it was for a boy or girl. Of course I said... "a girl". And I even had a mental picture of them not letting me have a happy meal when they realized I didn't have any small girl child in my car. Yep...I can get some silly thoughts.

A hamburger happy meal is not a very big meal...I think the bun is bigger than the burger. But I was hungry and by the time I finished the burger and fries I was satisfactorily full.

Once home I got on the internet to put in my points. How surprised I was when I typed in happy meal and saw that my sorry excuse for a hamburger and the small fries were actually 13 points. Yeah.....13 points!!!! What a waste of points. Had I realized there were so many points in this little meal I would have chosen something else.

A hard lesson learned....Don't believe everything you hear....

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh !!!! Thats a bummer! I wish Subway had a drive through. I wish that almost every time I am out in Allen for long periods of time and start feeling really hungry...I don't like to get out and get Annah all unbuckled from her seat and then go in and wait in line etc... just want to drive through....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can believe this...I love you!! 8^)

    ReplyDelete