Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How big would we get?

One of the questions asked at my WW meeting was...

"I walked thru the door [of WW] because_____________________"

And in listening to the responses I heard pretty much the same answer......I saw a picture of myself.... WOW!!! I was a bit surprised by how many felt the same way. Not sure why I was surprised but I was and if I am honest, a bit comforted too. It's nice to know that I am NOT the only one who feels this way. And there is HOPE!!! I have lots of life-timers in my meeting and it's very encouraging to know that it is possible to not only reach your goal but stay there too.

Another thought held by many was that....we don't see ourselves fat...not until we see ourselves in a picture. And lets be honest....how many overweight/fat/obese people actually WANT their pictures taken...or if we get them taken how many of us are hiding behind others....yep, I too am guilty.

Towards the end of the meeting and older lady made this statement....

"How big would we get if we didn't see a picture of ourselves?"

Now that's something to ponder upon!!

As much as I hate getting my picture taken, I did have my daughter take these today because I want to show my weight loss journey in pictures too...and also remind myself why I need to keep on this journey...:-)

2 comments:

  1. Next year you will be the one in the class encouraging new people who come in wanting to transform. You will be the "Life Timer" that gives them hope ... Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was about time for me to post on here, now that I can.

    I am really proud of the progress that you are making. I think you have done really well and I know it is not always easy to make the better choices in what you eat, but I believe that you are determined to stay the course.

    One day you will be one of the ladies showing up that everyone is asking, "What are you doing at a WW meeting?"


    I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete