Saturday, September 12, 2009

I am ready to cross over...

Today was my weigh in day.....and I LOST...-2.8 lbs.

That has made a total of 20.2 pounds lost since I started Weight Watcher's 7 weeks ago. I've only lost this much weight once before and that was about 3 years ago. I then had a miscarriage and ended up gaining 40 pounds....ugh!!!

I was getting to the point where I thought something medically must be wrong with me because I was not able to lose weight. Seriously!! I thought my hormones were all messed up from the miscarriage because I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight. I had even started exercising this summer and instead of losing I gained....NOT GOOD!!

But since I joined WW and grasped the point system I've been able to lose weight. And I realized it was not a medical issue....it was not hormones....it was the food I was eating. Not necessarily the amount..... but the type. Working out made me hungry and I made poor food choices, like going out to Pei Wei afterward with my workout buddy. Now I understand that I ended up eating all my daily points just for lunch...no wonder I wasn't losing any weight.

I LOVE WW!!!! I LOVE the point system!! I LOVE losing weight!!

And I LOVE that I am at the threshold of a whole new me....once I pass this 20 pound loss I will be crossing that threshold into a whole new place. I will have broken through that invisible barrier that seemed to keep me from succeeding. I have been trying for over 10 years to lose the weight and for the first time I KNOW that I will be able to do it....I WILL succeed.

2 comments:

  1. Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy !!!!!

    Debbie, this is GREAT !!! I am SO happy !!!!! So so so so happy! :) You go go go go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Debbie! That's fantastic! What a great feeling!

    PS: I use a Nikon D40 SLR. I love it! It's a great camera!

    ReplyDelete