Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful for My "Twinkie"


It was the early 1990's when we purchased a personal computer.  I vaguely remember my husband talking about getting an email address.  Why in heaven's name would I need an email ...it's so impersonal.  I probably spent a lot of hot air telling my husband all the reasons why we shouldn't do email.  But that was almost 20 years ago...lots can change in that time.

Emails can be impersonal but it depends on who you are talking too.  I happen to have a "bosom buddy"...or as we call each other... "twinkie".  We are iron sharpening iron friends and we do the majority of our communication  through emails.

Sure we talk in person and on the phone but both of us are busy with children and home schooling and other things so if we waited to talk when we got together it would be too long.  And yes we do talk on the phone but because of our schedules, at least mine, this person is not someone I can talk to for only a few moments...it always turns into hours. [or close to it]

 I don't know when we started but I must say  I love the flexibility of time and the freedom.  I write to her when I can and she responds when able.  Back and forth we go.  Some days we will send two or three  emails back and forth and some days we won't send any.

I love that we can write about what's in our hearts.  We can vent.  We encourage.  We pray.  We rebuke.  We share truth.

My "twinkie" makes my days brighter.  It's a shame everyone doesn't have one.

Thanks Twinkie!!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmm.... this is really odd..... my blog is labeled "Twinkie"......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from your twinkie! She is a pretty wonderful friend! Even if I don't know her :) FUnny how that works huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libbie....cyber friends can be pretty awesome.

    Libby...is it really odd?? we call ourselves twinkies for a reason....I find it funny!!!

    ReplyDelete