Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful for God's Truth


It's a good thing I am focusing on what I am thankful for this month as the happenings the last few weeks are not things I would naturally be thankful for.  You'd think it would be easy coming up with things to be thankful for and in one way it is...but in another it's been a challenge.

I realized tonight when talking with my husband how thankful I am for God's Word, the Bible.  Even in the midst of topsy turvy happenings in my life I have a peace that can only come from the Truth I have learned from The Word.

There is a situation I am going through right now that could make me bitter and has tried to make me bitter.  But God's Truth has helped me to keep my peace in the midst of the storm.  And I realize more and more why so many want to run the opposite direction when it comes to church....or anything pertaining to "Christianity". It's because not everyone who reads The Truth, actually practices The Truth.

Thankfully I have learned enough of The Word that my feet are firmly planted in the only substance that can keep me from falling.

Truth....God's Truth...is my Rock.  It's what keeps me during this time and I don't know if  I'll ever be able to explain how thankful I am for it...

3 comments:

  1. I think it's so sad that Christians can turn people away from God, but it happens. So, so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for you and that you are firmly planted in your faith. Some of the trials we go through only serve to make us stronger and prepare us for the next ones that come along.

    ReplyDelete