Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm Still Here...

This picture is of 4 generations: my mother, me, my oldest daughter, and her baby. It's the first picture in a very long time that I can look at and not feel fat.

I guess when I took a holiday break it extended even to this blog. Not that I had any intentions of doing that, it just kind of happened.

Christmas was wonderful and I did pretty good. I counted points and got in as much exercise as I could [mainly walking] however, I totally and unabashedly enjoyed Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. I made some food I only make once a year and I enjoyed eating it.

Compared to Christmas's past this one was much more modest food wise. I didn't eat a lot of the goodies we were given but I did indulge in the monkey bread I make only on Christmas morning and some special cookies I only make during the holiday.

There is a part of me that wanted to go through the holidays very strictly but I just couldn't do it. It would have stolen some of the joy of the season. I didn't go "hog wild" but I did allow myself Christmas Day and New Year's Day to indulge. Of course I did pay with a small weight gain but I have the rest of my life to keep journeying towards my goal. I enjoy these little detours. And while it may make the trip a bit longer it also keeps it from getting monotonous.

And for those who care here are my stats for the weeks I missed blogging:
12-19-09 ~ -3.4 [250.4]
12-26-o0 ~ +3.6 [254]
1-2-10 ~ + 1.2 [255.2]
1-9-10 ~ -3.2 [252]
1-16-10~ 0 [252]

3 comments:

  1. You look great, Debbie! And what a great picture! We also made monkey bread on Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Debbie !!!! You look absolutely AMAZING !!! Girlfriend! And, thanks to you, I made Monkey bread for the first time ever and my family went absolutely bananas for it. I even made it the night before we left for the orphanage, got up at 4:30 and baked it for our breakfast to eat on the way...mouth watering yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you take a trip somewhere, it is a lot faster to take an airplane and get across the country in 3 or 4 hours. You get there quick, but you miss all of the scenery along the way. Yeah, you could stick strictly to making your journey as quick as possible, but miss the enjoyment along the way. I think you are doing awesome!!
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete