Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Potential to Sabotage

Today I had a dentist appointment to fill some cavities, and four of my children were scheduled for teeth cleaning. The first appointment was at 12:30.

What was I thinking???? Right at lunch time. It wouldn't be so bad if we lived closer but it's about a 40 minute drive sooooo we did NOT eat lunch before we went. Just a snack. And usually I like to take the children out for a treat after getting our teeth cleaned, so I took them to lunch.

We went to Arby's

But I am SHOCKED...and ANNOYED!!!!

I ordered the Jr. RoastBeef Sandwich....which is a bun about 3 inches in diameter and you couldn't see the meat till you took off the bun. The meat, what little there was, was all nestled snug in the middle of the bun.

Guess how many points?......................... 6

This is a sandwich I could have eaten in about three bites.

Of course I got the small fries to go along with the sandwich because it was 2:30 by now and I was very hungry.

Guess how many points in the small fries?....................... 9

I used 15 points on barely anything. Actually I wasted 15 points on hardly anything.

In the future I really need to plan my dentist visits for way before lunch or right after lunch. This not planning ahead and being more informed is what has the potential to sabotage my journey. Thankfully I still had some weekly points.

1 comment: