Sunday, January 24, 2010

Knowledge is Power

I have got to be better informed sooner.

Last night I attended a youth game night with my kids. They had a blast playing various games and I enjoyed chatting with some of the other parents.

Everyone was to bring a snack. We brought peanut butter cookies. There also were bowls of skittles, twizzlers, hershey kisses, and bags of chips. My weakness however was the bowl of dark chocolate peanut M&M's. [we won't talk about the Cheeto's...shhhhh]

Anywhooo, I'd take a few M&M's and eat them. Walk around, come back and take a few more. Go chat with others and swipe a few as I walked by the counter. I knew better, however since my weigh in was today I guess I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. It's not like I am going to gain a bunch of weight over night.

I wasn't even going to track what I ate at the game night because it was the last night before weigh in and honestly I didn't care.

Then I thought....that's not a good attitude and it's not one that will keep me on a track of being successful. So, reluctantly I went ahead and tracked what I ate.

Another eye opener for me....and it will be a while before you see me indulging randomly in a bowl of peanut M&M's. Guess that saying..."knowledge is power"...applies in this situation too.

I guesstimated that I ate a total of about 1 cup of M&M's...or pretty close. Does anyone have ANY idea how many points are in 1 cup??? ......................20!!!


This is the first week since I started WW in July that I ended the week with negative points.

The good news is that I did lose -2 pds. this week. Not sure how that happened as this was not one of my better weeks but hey....I'll take it.

Now if I can survive this coming week. I leave tomorrow for two nights and three days away with my hubby. We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary. Not sure how I'll do point wise but I will try to be as informed as possible BEFORE I eat something.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is crazy! I'll remember that next time I'm eating m&m's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE still my heart. I LOVE peanut M&M's....
    Your doing great Debbie, I am SO superdy proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete