Sunday, May 2, 2010

A New Season


I have officially entered into a new season in regards to my quest to lose weight.

This last month there has been a shift of focus in my life. I reconnected with a friend and she informed me of some classes that are available on Saturday mornings from 10:30 - 12:30. These classes are for understanding how the spiritual aspects of our life affect the physical things in our bodies. The classes have been informative and freeing!!! Many times we don't recognize the lies we've come into agreement with but once we do...whoo-hoo...the truth will set you free.

Anyways, between this class and one of my daughters getting braces I've been praying about continuing with WW. The drive and the cost were taken into consideration...and prayed about. I didn't want to make a decision based on fear. Fear that I couldn't afford the class...or fear that if I quit attending I'd gain it all back.

Last Wed. I took my ipod and went out for a walk. Specifically to seek the Lord and pray. I felt total peace over the decision to cancel my membership. Which in a way is surprising because I thought I'd stay with WW until eternity. But if there is one thing I am learning as I seek to follow the Lord...the seasons change and the only thing that is a for sure thing is Him.

I am excited for this next season in my life. I will continue to blog and share but I hope to share about this weight loss endeavor from more of a biblical perspective. It's time.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps Weight Watchers was just your starting point. It gave you the information and knowledge you needed to start your journey. You have succeeded and now can continue on secure in what you have learned and leaning only on the Lord. But ultimately, whatever the reason, you have surely made the wisest choice in choosing to follow God's plan for your life. He has it all mapped out and knows exactly what path you should take. So many times in my life I have foolishly chosen to ignore God and make my own decisions. It's always been one of those situations where in hindsight I say, "gosh, if I had only listened to Him." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh I love how you say "shift in focus" .... nicely put!!! I have gone through those shifts in focus tooo and I can so very much relate.
    Wow,so who got braces!!!!!!
    Missed you oodles sunday...wasn't the same!!!

    ReplyDelete