Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As you can see from my last post...it's been a while. I had a huge project hanging over my head so any free time was devoted to that and now that I'm done I have some free time to blog.

The State Fair was great. I saved up all my points and ended up only using 4....yep, only 4. I went with the thought that I would eat some fair food but instead I barely had an appetite. I couldn't even eat all my dinner which consisted of 3 fried chicken strips and french fries. I ended up giving one of the strips to my son, the same son who also helped me eat my fries.

Now we did end up trying some fried butter. For $4 we got four dough balls about the size of a donut hole. We ended up buying two servings since there were eight of us. We all got one. I took a bite into mine expecting to taste something delectable...instead I bit into a uncooked piece of dough. Blah!!! It tasted like a biscuit with butter....what a waste of money.

Now the highlight of the evening was meeting up with friends to watch Jason Castro perform. It was a great concert even though we had to stand through the whole thing. There were no chairs. But I figure I had to burn some calories since I was constantly moving to the music.

Actually the State Fair is a great place to get in some exercise. We arrived around 1:30 and left after 10 and for the majority of that time we were in motion...walking here, there, and all over.

I ended up losing -3 pounds at my weigh in the next day.

This last week I had one of the hungriest days ever....I just wanted to eat and eat and eat. I managed to make it through the week without eating over my points. But I did eat every weekly point I had.

I went to my weigh in this last Saturday expecting to either maintain or gain. So when I step on the scale all I hear is the lady say..."2 pounds" And I immediately say..."I gained 2 pounds?" She said..."No, you LOST 2 pounds". Whooo-hooo!!!! I did the happy dance....literally. I was so thrilled because I was not expecting it.

I like when I go....not expecting to lose weight....and I actually lose....compared to going feeling like I lost weight....and find out that I actually didn't.

So I have lost a total of 25 pounds so far.....

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,

    You are doing so good! I really think you have made this a lifestyle now and not just a short lived "diet".

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete