Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This is painful

I hate having my pictures taken. I mean HATE!!! I will do all sorts of things to not get my picture taken. However, this is a blog about losing weight. So here goes.....


This was taken last fall...and if anything I may have gained some more weight since then but not much...this is pretty accurate.

And then there is this one....

This was taken in the Summer of "08. See why I hate having my picture taken!!

Pictures don't lie. I know many will say it adds ten pounds...but let's get real...at my size what is an extra ten pounds...LOL!!!

I think I dislike photos because even though I KNOW I am fat...I don't see myself as fat. So when I see a rare picture of me I cringe because now I am seeing myself the way everyone else does. ewwwww!!!

I didn't start having a weight problem until I started having children. Unfortunately I spent a lot of my younger years [high school and beyond] constantly trying to lose weight. At the time I thought I was fat and saw myself as fat I was 5' 11" and weighed 140 lbs. That was so not fat!!!

And yet I was so consumed with getting thin...I was obsessed. Here are two pictures I found taken when I was in highschool and thought I was fat. I'm the tall one...hahaha!!



When I find the ones of me in college I will post them one day...

I am amazed at how much time I wasted as a youngster on my weight...maybe I wasted so much time that when I actually became fat I just didn't have the time to invest. Or maybe it's because I had 6 children in a 12 year period and didn't try hard enough in between the pregnancies to lose the weight. I'm sure I was overwhelmed with having babies, nursing babies and homeschooling too.

Now my youngest is 9 and my oldest is 22. And as much as I hate looking at pictures taken the last few years I have to say that those pictures are also motivators. Maybe this spring I will recreate the picture on the fountain [in the orange shirt] and post the two side by side.

I do believe there will be a difference.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Debbie, you were rail thin! Love the pictures! And, honestly, I love the one with you by the fountain because I love that happy smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Libby!! That was such a fun night. Your foot is right in front of me...I cropped everyone else out.

    ReplyDelete