Thursday, August 27, 2009

I feel like the cookie monster


Remind me NOT to let my daughters make homemade chocolate chip cookies when I am in my hormonal phase of wanting to eat things I shouldn't.

There hasn't been any food that has tempted me lately as much as these cookies. We've kept them in the freezer so they are very hard and crunchy, which appeals to me even more...lol!!! Keeping them in the freezer was also to be "out of sight, out of mine"...[right!!]

Two cookies are worth 3 points. I have used 6 - 9 points on these cookies the last few days.... daily!!!! I guess I could congratulate myself in the fact that I have not lost all self control and just pigged out on the cookies like I would have in the past. I would have eaten as many cookies as I wanted and not really think of the outcome.

But assigning points to the cookies really makes me evaluate if I want to eat them or not. Lately eating them has won out. And really it hasn't been too bad because I am still with my points, however it has also kept me from eating something healthier.

That's the beauty with Weight Watchers. I have my allotted points and I can determine what I want to eat. Now if I was to make a habit of this then that wouldn't be good. But that I can indulge with self control in limiting how many cookies I'll eat is a breakthrough for me. I am able to satisfy the craving without going overboard.

However, I will not be letting the girls make these again anytime soon. And most definitely not during my "hormonal phase".

Glad there are only 9 cookies left....and I get at least two of them tomorrow. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand! Sometimes I tell Paul or Tiffany to just hurry up and finish it off or put it out of my site before I end up regretting my actions!!! I'm usually okay as long as its not sitting there on the stove or cabinets... just get it out of my site....!!! But, when I know icecream is in the freezer.... yeah, I just have to not buy it. Even those Skinny Cows with only a few grams of fat... one time I ate the whole cartoon...

    ReplyDelete