Friday, August 21, 2009

It's about time

I have finally gotten serious with losing weight. Or maybe you could say that I am fed up with being fat....finally!!! I have not always been overweight. But after having six children and not making losing weight a priority....let's just say I have reached some "highs" that I never thought I'd reach.

A few weeks ago one of my sisters-in-love mentioned that she was wanting to lose another 20 pounds. She has already successfully lost 40 pounds and had kept it off through Weight Watcher's.

The fact that she has kept it off is what has inspired me to try Weight Watcher's myself. I have lost weight before through other programs and if rewards were given out for most weight lost and regained....I could be a gold medal winner. I seem to lose and regain the same 30 pounds over and over...ugh!! I want to lose the weight and KEEP it off. I am TIRED of being fat, overweight, obese....I think you get the picture:-)

My oldest daughter was married this past summer and when I saw myself in the video and the pictures I was so disgusted. I know I am heavy, and I know I want to lose weight...but I wasn't making it a priority. I am now making it a priority and am doing something about it.


I joined Weight Watchers [WW] July 25, 2009. I don't think I am ready to tell the blog world my starting weight yet....I will eventually but not in this post. I will say that since then I have successfully lost over 10 pounds...whoo-hoo!!!! I ONLY have over 100 pounds to go....but I can do it...one pound at a time.

So begins my blogging about my journey. My life was transformed over 20 years ago when I acknowledged Jesus as Lord of my life. He has been gently working and transforming me from the inside out. I want ALL of me to be a witness to His goodness, not just what's "inside". It's my season to focus on the outside. And in sharing my journey I hope to encourage others on the same path.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day...I'll let you know how it went.

1 comment:

  1. I can't WEIGHT to hear how today goes at WW! I'm so excited that you are blogging your journey! You are beautiful inside and out and now you are just shedding a little bit of that extra goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete