Saturday, August 22, 2009

Be Anxious about nothing

Saturdays are my WW's meeting and weigh in days. This is my fourth week with WW and I can't believe how anxious I felt this morning. I think it's because our scale is a bit strange. I can weigh myself three different times and get three different weights, sometimes less and sometimes more. It can make a person crazy if they only relied on their scale to tell the story.

And I know that there is more to measuring weight loss than getting on a scale, but let's face it...if we are trying to lose weight we want to see it on the scale. At least I do:-)

I picked Saturday mornings for my meeting and weigh in day for a few reasons. First, my husband works on Saturdays so it's a lazy day around our home. I let the children sleep in and laze around till noon so if I am gone, it doesn't interfere with any plans. Second, my husband has an odd schedule and is off on Sun -Tues. so, if I am going to go out to eat it will be on one of those days and that will give me a few days to work off any indulgences before I have to weigh in again. Although right now I am doing good about NOT indulging.

Anyways, this morning I was anxious on my way to the meeting. Maybe it was because I didn't lose weight last week, actually I gained .2 [I consider that more of a maintain in weight than a gain since it wasn't even 1/4 of a pound]. And although I did see a loss in inches....I WANTED to see a loss on the scale too. I'd worked hard, been diligent, tracked my points, barely even touched the extra 35 points I have each week, and worked out pretty hard.

As I was driving I was reminded of this Scripture...Php 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

So I prayed and talked with the Lord and shared my anxiety and asked for His peace so that irregardless of what the scale showed, I would not let my emotions dictate my actions. Because whatever the scale showed...I KNOW that I have done what I was supposed to...and I will continue to do so.... After this conversation I had a lot more peace and was ready to face the scale.....

And guess what?????

I LOST -2.8 lbs. this week!!!!! yippeeeee!!!! See, all that anxiety about nothing....

Later, as I was entering this information on my etools, a box popped up congratulating me on my weight loss but also letting me know that I am losing weight too fast...

Too fast???

I'll save my comments for another time.

As of today I have lost a total of 13 pds. since starting WW.

1 comment:

  1. Yipeeeeeeeee 2.8 poundOlahs!!!!! *Happy Happy Happy* !!!! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete