Friday, January 28, 2011

I Want to "Fix" Things

Bad news is bad anytime you receive it....but since I haven't been feeling good it just seems overwhelming.  Especially since I am a fixer.  I want to "help" or "fix" the problem.

But how do you "fix" someones marriage?  How do you "fix" someones body when they are in stage 4 cancer?  How do you "fix" your child who just days ago was excitedly telling us about her pregnancy and now thinks she is miscarrying?  How do you "fix" a loved one who is losing the use of their legs?  How do you "fix" a friend who is carrying a huge weight of grief for her son and sick daughter-in-law?

I feel very overwhelmed right now with all the "fixing" that needs to be done.  I know it's not my job to "fix" the problems and I understand that but it doesn't make it any easier.  All I want to do is cry for them all.  Because I don't feel good these feelings weigh heavier on my heart.  I know the Lord says to lay our burdens at His feet...but how do you do that when they aren't your burdens.  I'm not carrying these burdens...my friends are...

Yes, I offer a listening ear.  Yes, I pray.  But right now I wish I could do more....I wish I could "fix" their hurts and pain and sadness.  I wish I could wave a big magic wand and make all the bad disappear.

1 comment: