Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Say What!!

So tonight my 18 year old son informs me that I was the topic of conversation when he was getting his teeth done, Or rather my weight loss was. Of course I am looking at him like he is crazy cause I haven't been to his orthodontist in over a year and wondering how they would know about my weight loss.

He then reminds me it was when he went to the dentist the other day. I smiled and told him that we were talking about it when I was at the dentist a few weeks ago getting my teeth cleaned. Now that I've lost close to 60 pounds I guess it's becoming more noticeable to others.

He replies...."I just can't look at you...I can [only] tell when I see some old pictures." Say What!!!

Talking to him later he was trying to explain how he doesn't notice "subtle" changes.... I think the boy needs to stop while he's not that far in the hole. :-)

Actually I totally understand what he is saying but I just had to give him a hard time. I have a grand baby living with us; she has been since she was first born. Looking at her now, I know she is bigger than when I first saw her...but how much bigger isn't apparent until I look at her in a new born picture.

But as for losing weight and being noticed....it's nice that people are finally starting to notice. And even if my son can't tell how much I've lost...he can at least tell that I've lost.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I can tell that you have lost, but, it IS easier to see the difference looking at older pictures. You're doing great!
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have such a loving husband who supports you and encourages you (based on his comments to you). I'm so happy that you are so richly blessed with such an incredibly loving family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I guess it is hard to tell the difference sometimes. It could also be a man thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing you shrink but I also only see you ever once in a while... but its very noticeable...Andrew is a hoot. :)

    ReplyDelete