Monday, February 15, 2010

Activity Points in the Snow

Time sure does pass by quickly sometimes....like this last week.

Just to catch up...I lost -1.6 pounds the week before this last one and then this last week I ended up gaining +.8 of a pound. Not sure what happened as I've stayed within my points and even got in some good exercising since we had an incredible snowfall and I couldn't resist taking my kiddo's out sledding, two days in a row.

Let's just say that sledding down a hill is lots of fun...but walking back up, now that can be challenging. Especially when one is wearing old shoes with very little tread....I had to wedge my feet in sideways so I wouldn't slip and fall. Actually, I did slip and fall a few times but thankfully I didn't hurt anything or anybody...lol!!


Here is an idea of the size of the hill we sled on the second day. We parked in the hospital parking lot and walked across the highway [over a bridge] to sled down the steepest hill we could find. Where I live in Texas there are not a lot of steep hills. It was fun and lots of semi's would honk their horns at us.


This next picture shows my daughter and one of her friends sliding down on a real sled. Since it doesn't snow much here no one really has sleds but since our friends have gone to Colorado in the winter they just happened to have some awesome sleds that they shared with us. On the above picture if you notice....we used some laminated wall maps as our sleds....yep...laminated wall maps...lol!!!
And when you couldn't control the sled...this is usually what happened. I too had a few spills like this one but thankfully no one was taking any pictures of me.




Let's just say that we were very wet and cold when we finished our sledding. But it was totally worth it. Lots of good memories made this day. And a super fun way to earn activity points.

2 comments: